Gosh… you know when you think of something and wonder WHY on earth did it take me so long to come up with this?
Well, this is one of those moments.
Needless to say, I help lots of people get started with or interested in jumping on the essential oils bandwagon. Why? Because we’re one heck of an empowered, health-inspiring bunch.
Unfortunately tho, getting started with essential oils can be extremely overwhelming. Where do I begin? What do I do with allllll of these oils? And, most important, how do I incorporate them into my daily life so I can actually enjoy all of the health benefits this powerful plant magic has to offer?
So, in an effort to remove the dust off any and all essential oils that may be collecting dust in a closet out there, I wanted to share ways to include essential oils as part of a daily routine using the doTERRA Home Essentials kit. The tips marked with an asterisk are ones I use regularly.
- One drop of lemon essential oil and a squeeze of lemon in pure spring water.*
- Carefully rub one drop of peppermint essential oils on temples or back of neck to get rid of your sleepy face.*
- Diffuse lemon essential oil for a pleasant, uplifting aroma.
- Add frankincense essential oil to your moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes (and for overall amazing skin).*
- Add a drop of tea tree essential and/or On Guard essential oil blend to your toothpaste for oral health.*
- Before biking to school with my son, I rub Deep Blue essential oil blend on his sore, growing knees.*
- Apply Deep Blue essential oil blend to feet and knees before and after exercise.*
- Had a heavy lunch or tried something new that’s not sitting well? Use one drop of ZenGest essential oil blend or massage onto abdomen with fractionated coconut oil.
- Add a drop of lemon essential oil to your water.
- Breathe in one drop of peppermint essential oil as a pick-me-up and to curb afternoon cravings.*
- Diffuse On Guard essential oil blend in the home for a spicy and sweet aroma, and to clean the air.
- Add On Guard essential oil blend to a spray bottle of water for an effective all-purpose cleanser.*
- Driving a long distance and feeling queezy? Breathe in a drop of ZenGest essential oil blend.
- Use one drop of oregano essential oil in place of one tablespoon ground oregano to your favourite Italian dishes.
- Apply Deep Blue essential oil blend to hands and feet after gardening.
- Rub Deep Blue essential oil blend on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
- After long hours on the computer, try rubbing Deep Blue essential oil blend on your fingers, wrists, shoulders, and neck.
- Diffuse Frankincense essential during your yoga practice for a peaceful aroma.
- Diffuse Easy Air essential oil blend for clear breathing overnight.*
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet as part of your
- Add lavender essential oil to bath water or apply to the temples and the back of the neck before bed.
- Apply On Guard essential oil blend to the bottoms of the feet of adults and kiddos.*
- Massage Deep Blue essential oil blend with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.*
- Add tea tree essential oil to bath for an immune system boost.*
How do you integrate essential oils into your daily life?