Well this is an embarrassing subject…
Many of us women struggle with cellulite as we mature and, unfortunately, I’m no exception to the rule. However, I have noticed significant improvements by adding a few simple steps to my daily routine.
Here are the 5 steps I take on a regular basis to minimize the appearance of cellulite.
- Rebounding: this involves bouncing on a mini-trampoline. It is a great way to encourage lymph drainage as stagnant lymph is a contributing factor to cellulite. I normally rebound for about 15 minutes.
- Dry brushing: this is another great way to encourage lymph circulation. I use a soft, dry bristle brush and add a few essential oils (e.g. peppermint and lemongrass). Always brush towards the heart (here is a great tutorial). I then jump in the shower and moisturize.
- Essential oils: I moisturize by massaging problem areas with coconut oil and cypress essential oil. Cypress helps with blood circulation, fluid retention and eliminating toxins from the body. Lemongrass also has anti-cellulite benefits, which is why I also include as part of my routine.
- Collagen: I make sure to include collagen in my diet by adding the dry powder form to my smoothies or making homemade organic bone broth. It also does wonders for hair and nails!
- Water: drink lots and lots of water! I consumer 3 to 4 liters per day. You can also boost the beneficial effects of water by adding lemon.
I have to admit, I’m not good at doing all of these every single day. Sometimes I do forget to take the time to rebound. I might skip on collagen consumption a few days a week but I do make a point to do the brushing, oils and water daily.
Consistency is key – even small changes done regularly will lead to improvements.